Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dude, Where's My Apocalypse?

While I probably should have addressed this in my last post, I must say, I'm a bit confused to find myself here since last Saturday was supposed to be the end of the world. Now while that may sound like a normal line of dialogue if this were Buffy the Vampire Slayer, last Saturday was supposed to be the end all of end alls...but nothing happened.



Now Harold Camping, the preacher behind these doom and gloom theories has come out and said that actually May 21 was a "spiritual Judgment Day" and that the Rapture will actually happen on October 21 of this year. Now isn't that a cop-out. He's telling us that God is supposed to end the world on a certain day and now it turns out that said day was just the day that God is making His "Naughty or Nice" list.



If you want my theory on why the world didn't end, here it is:


On May 20, the day before said Apocalypse was supposed to take place, former wrestling superstar "Macho Man" Randy Savage died after injuries sustained in a car accident. Since God is a huge wrestling fan (He's ordered every Wrestlemania PPV), like a lot of people, He was pretty bummed out about it. And why not? Everyone watched wrestling at some point in their lives and even if you didn't, you knew the Macho Man when you saw him.


Seeing how people were clearly bummed about this, God decided that we as a people had suffered enough and decided to cancel the whole end of the world.


At least that's my theory.



"OOOOH YEAH!!!"

No comments:

Updates

  So it's been a while since I've done one of these. 78 days to be exact.