Monday, March 18, 2024

Updates

 So it's been a while since I've done one of these.

78 days to be exact.

Things have been better for the most part. I've been applying for any sort of writing jobs, but all I've been getting back are a bunch of...well, not rejection letters but rather emails telling me that my resume was not selected.

Not the best feeling in the world but that's part of life. You're not going to win every game you play, get every job you apply for, get what you want etc.

What I am going to do is keep applying and also work to expand my portfolio and I got an interesting way of doing that.

I set a challenge for myself: Each month, I have to write an original short-story comic script.

No fan-comics, nothing that relies on characters or universes created by other people, everything that I write comes 1000% from me and my imagination.

I finished a script called "Score!" in January and in February I actually did something quite remarkable and did two different scripts. The first was called "Late Start" which I wasn't quite sold on but once I got to a certain point within it, I felt it started to get stronger and I finished it strongly too.

The second story I did that month is titled "Last Ride". And not only did I finish that one just days after completing "Late Start" but I also did it within 90 minutes.
I knew what I wanted to write, what the story was and within that time frame, I had a short-story comic script done. 

With that I'm taking this month off (The goal is 12 scripts for the year and since I did two for February, I'm counting "Last Ride" as the one I'd do for March)...but at the same time I have come up with an idea for another story. 

It actually came from an idea I previously had for a fan-comic but it's one I only thought about writing in abstract, I never thought I would make it and put it online. Nonetheless, I've decided I'm going to make that the fourth comic script I write this year.

Who knows, maybe I'll even finish it sometime this month and put pressure on myself to really deliver a script by the end of April.

I got 13 days...

No comments:

Updates

  So it's been a while since I've done one of these. 78 days to be exact.